Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JudithJubilee

Default Nested If Statement

Hello guilbj2

You need a nested AND and IF statement:

=IF(C5=5 *AND* F5=5 *AND* G5=1,"Positive","Negative")

=IF(AND(C55,F5=5,G5=1),"Positive","Negative")

The AND statement means that all criteria must be met.

Hope this helps

Judith

"guilbj2" wrote:

Hi All,

I'm relatively advanced in Excel but hoping some bigger brains can help
me with syntax on this one. I'm positive it's possible, I just don't
know how to type it out. I basically want an IF formula that requires
multiple conditions rather than just one... kind of like this.

=IF(C5=5 *AND* F5=5 *AND* G5=1,"Positive","Negative")

I know that *AND* won't work, but there has to be a way to do this. To
sum up, I want to create an =IF that requires that 3 conditions are met,
will provide a certain value if all of them are met and another if any
of the 3 are not.

--
guilbj2
guilbj2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6043