Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Default Find the value of a point with VBA

Hi,

This will get the values from series 1. Note that linked cells with
errors or #N/A will not return a value.

Sub X()
Dim lngIndex As Long

On Error Resume Next
With ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1)
For lngIndex = 1 To .Points.Count
Debug.Print "Series 1 Point "; lngIndex, _
Application.WorksheetFunction.Index(.Values, lngIndex)
Next
End With

End Sub

Cheers
Andy

Francois wrote:
Hi all,

Pardon my english ! I'm french.

I need to find the values of points of a serie (in charts of course)
with VBA. I can't refer to the value of the source cells because of the
very bad organization of the source sheets.

The only way I found is to add datalabels, pick the datalabels values,
convert them to numeric values.

Is there a shorter method to do that ? (XL2K)

I did not find the answer on the french speaking excel newsgroup though
it's very active and frendly.

Thanks

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel