Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TUNGANA KURMA RAJU

Default data extraction

Hi ! Max,No doubt Biff's multi cell array suggestion is very good,it has
taking lot of time for calculating cells,I tried it ,I used yours formula
with "if" that gives balnk for zero value cells.This one is faster than
Biff's multi cell array formula.My thanks to both of you.

"Max" wrote:

In case you might to try Biff's multi-cell array suggestion again. Believe
it works just as well, and ... it's definitely more concise / perhaps more
efficient? <g, but we need to array-enter it all at once into the range
M1:S1250 as per Biff's steps ..

Here's a slightly revised version of Biff's suggestion (a multi-cell array)
to similarly return blanks if the INDIRECT(..) evaluates to zero:
=IF(INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!A1:G1250")=0,"",INDIRECT("' "&A1&"'!A1:G1250"))

To register/confirm the multi-cell array formula:

Select M1:S1250**, copypaste the formula into the *formula bar*,
then press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (instead of just pressing ENTER)

**A quick way to select large ranges is to type the range: M1:S1250
into the namebox [box with the droplist just to the left of the equal
sign/formula bar], then press ENTER to select the range
--
Max
Singapore