Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Max

Default Calculating monthly totals for current and previous year

One way ..

In A2: 01-Dec-2005
In B2: 31-Dec-2005

Then in say, C2:
=SUMPRODUCT((Websites!$B$5:$B$31=A2)*(Websites!$B $5:$B$31<=B2),Websites!$R$
5:$R$31)
will return the total commission for Dec 2005

C2 can be copied down to calc accordingly
for other month / year stipulated in cols A and B (in A3:B3, A4:B4, etc)
--
Max
Singapore
"Pieman" wrote in message
Does anyone know the best formula for totalling values in a column that
correspond to each month of the current and previous year?

I have a sales register with the date of sale and commission on each row

but
want to display the total commissions for each month of the current year

on
one worksheet and monthly totals for previous year on athother worksheet.

I have tried the following formulas but keep getting a popup box saying

that
the formula contains an error:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(Websites!B5:B31)=1),--(YEAR(Websites!B5:B31)=YEAR(TODAY
())),Websites!R5:R31)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(Websites!B5:B31)=1),--(YEAR(Websites!B5:B31)=YEAR(TODAY
())-1),Websites!R5:R31)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Simon