Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Biff

Default Please Help With Formula

Hi!

It depends on which cell or cells you want to use as the "key".

For example:

If D4 is blank the formula cell will remain blank

=IF(D4="","",SUM(D4,E5,-C5))

If ALL 3 cells are blank the formula cell remains blank:

=IF(COUNT(D4,E5,C5)<3,"",SUM(D4,E5,-C5))

If EITHER D4 or E5 are blank then the formula cell will remain blank:

=IF(OR(D4="",E5=""),"",SUM(D4,E5,-C5))

So, there are many ways to do this.

Biff

"Max3659" wrote in
message ...

Hello,

I am trying to write a formula on a spreadsheet on a column of cells,
but I don't want the values of the formula to show up in the cells that
haven't had data entered into them...for instance, when I enter the
values in a cell, every cell in the column has the same value as the
cell above it..I want those cells below to be BLANK until I enter the
corresponding data..Hope I explained it good enough..PLEASE HELP

Max

P.S. the formula I have in all the cells in the column is:

=SUM((D4, E5),SUM(-C5))

--
Max3659
Max3659's Profile: