Randy Lefferts

Hi Frank,

Yes, sorry about that, that was a typo on my part.

Your formula was correct initially, just that when I used
that, it did not generate the average I was looking for.
It appears to be including the blank cells as a divisor,
as well, so that the average is quite lower than it
should be. So I reposted thinking that I left out
pertinent information that instead of actual numbers in
the cells, there were formulas calculating the numbers I
need averaged.

As an example, the numbers 7.5, 6.5, 4.5, when averaged
should equal 6.17, however it is equaling 1.32.

So, I need to find a way to average just the values that
are appearing within a set of 31 cells. If out of the 31
cells, only 6 contain data, then the numbers contained
within the 6 cells should be averaged, not the average of
31 cells with just those 6 values. If, in the 31 rows,
there are 25 cells that contain data (generated by the
formula), then I would need the average of just those 25
cells.

Sorry about not being clearer :(

Any chance there is a way to do the above?