Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson

Default explorer doesn't activate excel files only starts excel progra

One gremlin out of the way. Don't feed the remaining after midnight!

gandalf wrote:

Sorry Dave, I got it wrong I didn't shut down all copies of excel. It now
works fine, thanks for your help.

"gandalf" wrote:

Nice try but no luck with this gremlin

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

gandalf wrote:

Hi, I have recently upgraded to MS Office Pro 2003, which is fine exept that
I cannot seem to access excel files from explore or my computer. All that
happens is I get the programme with a blank screen. I can get the file I want
by the usual file/open etc but this isn't much use for quick picks. Anybody
got any ideas about what I can do?

Regards

--

Dave Peterson