Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Riverrat

Default How do I replace numbers in a value NOT a formula?

Do I add this "IF" formula to the original formula or can I somehow overlay
it on the cells containing the original formula?
It seems your suggestion is the best so far for my needs.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

You can't by using find and replace, you can however do it in the same
formula that might return a zero

=IF(yourformula=0,"",yourformula)

note that if you do calculation using an operand the result will be a value
error since the blank is text,
if you are plotting a graph then you should use the NA() function instead

=IF(yourformula=0,NA(),yourformula)

you might then want to hide the result since it will look like #N/A! so you
can use conditional formatting, formula is

=ISNA(A2)

(where A2 is the cell that holds the original formula), format with white
fonts

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"Riverrat" wrote in message
I want to replace zeros with blanks. In the Find tab of the Find/Replace
dialog box I can choose to find the zeros in values as opposed to
formulas.
However, when I go to the Replace tab, the only option it gives me is to
replace zeros found in formulas. How can I replace only zeros that show
up
as values RESULTING from formulas?