Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Default Bernie, Dave, Doug, et. al. - question for you

Don't worry about coming back. We do it for fun, and it matters not whether
you ask 1 or 100 questions.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ron M." wrote in message
oups.com...
You guys have saved my neck with some wonderful help lately, and I fell
like I owe you one. You'll never pay for a drink when I'm around! Most
recently, I asked about code that would let you click on a button to
erase a file from one folder and save it to another one. Bernie replied
with this:

Sub SaveInApprovedFolder()
Dim DeleteFile As String

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
DeleteFile = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "Drive:\Approved file path\" &
ActiveWorkbook.Name
Kill DeleteFile
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

And of course it works perfectly. But I'm feeling kinda self-concious
about running to this newsgroup EVERY time I need some Excel code. Is
there a good book or someplace where I could learn this myself? I think
the above code is Visual Basic, but I'm afraid if I just buy "a book on
Visual Basic" and start reading it, I'll get bogged down in 1,000 pages
of stuff that I'll never use in Excel. Is there a book or something
that focuses specifically on this kind of Excel code?

Thanks again to all you guys,
Ron M.