Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

Default VLOOKUP change question

One way. Select the 12 cells you want the returned values to be in and
while still selected enter this formula. Then array enter CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER.
You will get { } around the formula.

=VLOOKUP(A2,A5:L30,{2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13},0 )

Adjust the lookup value cell A2 and the lookup range to match your sheet.
Once entered, if you make any changes to the formula, you will need to
select all 12 cells and then make the change in the "white" cell and array
enter again.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"roger_home" wrote
in message ...

Someone on this site gave me (a newbie) the following to fill in a cell
in a row if another cell in the same row has an item picked from a
pulldown I have. (The list for the pulldown is on another sheet).

=VLOOKUP(D471,MYLOOKUP,2,0)

It works fine, but now instead of filling the VLOOKUP items (12 words)
in the cell, I would like to have 12 separate items put into 12
separate cells in that same row, when an item is picked from the
pulldown.

How would I do that?

--
roger_home