Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
spkpnight

Default Excel Ranking Pre-Set Limits

I am trying to rank a column of data (dollar amounts) that will return
the ranks within specific high/low limits. If I my table has 50 items
and I use the RANK feature, the items will be ranked 1 to 50, or 50 to
1, depending on the selection criteria. What I want to do is Rank
these items but with pre-set limits. For instance, the lowest item
would be ranked a -5.00 while the highest number would be ranked 5.00.
No item's rank would fall outside these limits, and all would have a
different rank (4.99, -4.96, 1.26, etc.). How can I accomplish this?
Thanks.

--
spkpnight
spkpnight's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31928