Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
via135

Default return multiple rows of data based on criteria

hi!

i think an "advance filter" will suffice!
have you tired that?

-via135

steve_sr2 Wrote:
I have two sheets. Sheet1 has multiple lines of data. Based on
criteria
chosen in sheet2, I need to display in sheet2 all of the rows of data
that
match the criteria. I'm having trouble with multiple criteria (i.e.
for
name1, I want all matching rows of data in a certain timeframe. Not
all data
in ColA is are same name and will not be in any particular order.

Sheet1
A B C D E F G H I
Bryan D Smith 2/1/06 1 2 2 6 6 1
Bryan D Jones 3/1/06 2 1 3 4 2 1
Bryan D Smith 3/5/06 1 1 1 1 1 1

Sheet 2 would return based on user selecting between dates of 3/1/06 &
3/15/06
Bryan D Jones 3/1/06 2 1 3 4 2 1
Bryan D Smith 3/5/06 1 1 1 1 1 1

I can get it to return all of the items for that match in column A but
how
do I for certain dates?

Here is my formula that I'm using to get all rows that match

{=INDEX('data entry'!$C$3:$U$34,SMALL(IF('data
entry'!$C$3:$C$34=$F$5,ROW($1:$32)),ROW(1:1)),3)}

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725