wrote...
I have a spreadsheet with daily info over a period of time. Each row
represents a day, with the next row representing then next day; etc
etc.

Columns might be daily sales, daily gm, etc.

I want to sum and average on a week to date and prior week to date
basis.

If the first column of your range (which I'll denote Rng) contains
dates sorted in ascending order with the topmost row containing column
labels, and weeks begin on Sunday, then for the current week to date
the range for the k_th data column would be

OFFSET(Rng,MATCH(TODAY(),OFFSET(Rng,1,0,ROWS(Rng)-1,1)),k-1,
-WEEKDAY(TODAY()),1)

and for the previous week to date it'd be

OFFSET(Rng,MATCH(TODAY()-7,OFFSET(Rng,1,0,ROWS(Rng)-1,1)),k-1,
-WEEKDAY(TODAY()),1)

These assume there are no gaps in the dates. If there were gaps, the
4th arguments to OFFSET become more complicated. If only M/Tu/W/Th/F
dates were included, then the OFFSET expressions would become

=OFFSET(Rng,MATCH(TODAY(),OFFSET(Rng,1,0,ROWS(Rng)-1,1)),k-1,
-MIN(5,WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)),1)

and

=OFFSET(Rng,MATCH(TODAY()-7,OFFSET(Rng,1,0,ROWS(Rng)-1,1)),k-1,
-MIN(5,WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)),1)

respectively. If there were no simple pattern to the gaps in the dates,
then the 4th arguments to OFFSET would be come more complicated still,
but until you provide more details, I'm going to stop here.