Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default If then Help is greatly appreciated!

This formula goes in Q10:

=if(a1="*Rep Summary",d10,"")

Watch out. Once you used "*Rep Summary" and the other time "* Rep Summary".

If a1 can contain other stuff along with "Rep Summary", you could use:

=if(countif(a1,"*rep summary*")0,d10,"")

(the asterisks are wild cards in that last formula.)

And drag it down as far as you need.

Debra Dalgleish has instructions with pictures:
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry01.html#Mouse

" wrote:

If then statements have for some reason left me dumbfounded!
This is what I need to do in VBA:
Look in Cell A1 for "*Rep Summary", if it exists look in cell D10 for
the reps name and give me that name in cell q10. If "* Rep Summary",
does not exist then return nothing.
Lastly; repeat this down the column Q:Q, until there is no data left in
Column A:A.

Thanks for your help...this one as I stated before as left me with a
definite "DUUUHHHH!"

--

Dave Peterson