Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lpj

Default save prompt for user exit, but no save prompt for batch import?

Hi - I have a workbook that users manually enter data in, then this file is
imported into an application (batch processing).. i've been able to disable
the save prompt while the import process, but then this means my users won't
have this prompt when exiting the spreadsheet, and we prefer them have this
feature.. is there anyway to get both things i am looking for - 1) users be
prompted when exiting out of spreadsheet 2) during import process - avoiding
the save prompt. currently i have in my workbook_before close function:
ActiveWorkbook.Saved = True

Thanks! lpj : )