rinks

How would I apply this to identify duplicates within data that spans multiple
columns?
Example:

Last Name First Name Address
Smith John 123 Main St
Adams Bill 456 Park St
Smith John 123 Park St

"Dave R." wrote:

You can use a formula like this

=COUNTIF(A$1:A$1000,A1)

next to all your records. Then you can sort them by that column and delete
anything with a "2" next to it.

More info here;

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

"rinks" <rinks @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I am merging two mailing lists (lists A & B). Some of the names from list

are also in List B. When I merge the two, I want to delete any records

that
are duplicated. I want to delete the original record and the duplicate, so

an
advanced filter selecting "Unique records only" will not work. What do I

do?
Is there an "IF" statement that I can run against the merged list that

will
identify and deleted any record that is duplicated?