Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JENNYC

Default VLOOKUP help please!

Hi! I have never used VLOOKUP before and i am a bit confused! Wondering
if anyone might be able to offer some assistance!

On sheet 1:
this is the "Master list"
Column A has salespersons names
Column B-J have other info.

On sheets 2-20:
there will be a sheet for each one of the salespeople. So sheet 2 will
be for "Mike".

Each time it sees "Mike" in column A on sheet 1 i would like it to
transfer the info in that entire row to Mike's personal sheet (sheet2)

I wrote in yesterday asking for help & a gentleman was kind enough to
give me this formula: =vlookup($a2,sheet1!$a$1:$j$1000,column(),false)
...and then he said to copy across... but i must be doing something
wrong because it is not working. I have tried to study up on VLOOKUP
through "help" but i cannot figure it out! I've been monkeying around
with different "versions" of that formula & this is what i have done
(which still doesn't work correctly - i get the info to transfer over,
but when i copy down it gives me the same info over & over...like i
said: I DON'T GET IT!!) Please help!!

My formula: =VLOOKUP("mike",Sheet1!$A$1:$J$1000,2,FALSE)

--
JENNYC
JENNYC's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19579