Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Pieman

Default SUMIF function

Brilliant, works great thank you again. How would I achieve the same function
for entries under the previous year instead of the current one?

Thank you

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Just

=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(Websites!R5:R31)=YEAR(TODAY())))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Pieman" wrote in message
Hi Bob, thats great, it works perfect. Thank you very much.

Could you tell me how to do the same but couting the number of cells in

the
'Websites!R5:R31' range that contain the current year?

Thanks again
Simon

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(Websites!B5:B31)=YEAR(TODAY())),Websites!R5: R31)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Pieman" wrote in message
Hi, please help...

I am trying to total up commission figures in a column that match a
specific
year. Each row contains a cell for the date it was entered, the

customer
details and commission earnt.

I have used the SUMIF funtion so far but cannot find the correct

criteria
for it to identify the year in the date cell and include the

commission in
the SUM if the year matches the criteria.

The formula I have used so far is:
=SUMIF(Websites!B5:B31,F2,Websites!R5:R31).

F2 refers to a cell with the current year automatically entered by

using
the
TEXT function: =TEXT(TODAY(),"yyyy").

If anyone knows how to achieve this I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks
Simon