Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bigwheel

Default worksheet references

Sheets within a workbook can be reference by their index number i.e.
Sheets(2) but I can't see a way of letting the system know anything about the
workbook names, unless they were all sequentially named like wb01.xls,
wb02.xls etc. Then it would be feasible to create a loop and open each in
turn to extract the data

"dave glynn" wrote:

I have 32 workbooks each containing 24 worksheets. I need to call up data
from the second sheet in each workbook, each of these sheets has a different
name from the others. Is there any way that I can call up the data without
having to give each of the 32 different names, in all cases the worksheet is
the second sheet in each workbook.

Thanks

Dave Glynn