Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mj

Default i need to find duplicates! ASAP

Hello guys!

I'm really new in using formulas in excel. I badly needed help in
finding duplicates in my workbook.

Here's the scenario: I have one workbook containing 5 worksheets. Each
worksheet has 10-15 columns of data with 600-800 records (row). With
this, I'm having a hard time tracking down the duplicates that
occurred in the whole worksheet. If I'll do it manually it will take
me ages to finish it and I don't have the time to do it. Is there an
easier way to find or highlight duplicates in the whole worksheet and
compare it to the remaining worksheets so I could only have unique
records?

I tried using the countif, IS and MATCH functions (conditional
formatting) in 2-column data but I don't know if the functions would
work in such amount of records. I'm not familiar with macros
either...:-(

If someone could help me, I would deeply appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!