Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Alexander

Default Problem displaying recordsets in Excel Format

I have a classic asp application that routes it's output to Excel via Internet Explorer.
It's worked for 6 years without a problem. Last week some of my users upgraded to Excel 2003. Now the spreadsheet won't be created. The code still works on Excel 2000 but on the new machines a window appears but it closes before Excel can be seen.

The code in the script looks like this...

Case "Excel"
Response.ContentType="application/vnd.ms-excel"

After searching this newsgroup i've added the following lines to the code but they don't seem to fix the problem...

Response.Buffer = True
Response.charset = ""

This code sample in this knowledgebase article works on both Office 2000 and 2003 machines, but i tried to tailor it to my script without luck. Any ideas?