Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
penciline

Default Pivot Table--How can I create from multiple sheets?

Dear Max:

I am having difficulty with this setup of choosing multiple consolidation
ranges. When I choose a pivot table from a single sheet, it comes out
correct, with the correct column and row categories that I want to pivot.
When I choose multiple consolidation ranges, I only get minimal data
categories. For example, in my snigle-sheet pivot table I have "category"
(art supplies, books, clothing, electronics, etc.) as groups that show how
much I purchased in each group/category. But in the multiple-sheet pivot
table, those categories are missing and I cannot pivot them. I have gone
about the process of selecting ranges exactly the same way in each type of
table, but for some reason the multiple-sheet table is missing this important
data.

Please let me know how I can properly set up my pivot table.

Thanks in advance for your help.
--
-=- penciline -=-

"Max" wrote:

"penciline" wrote:
... how to create a Pivot Table from multiple sheets ..

Perhaps take a look at Debra's page at:
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895