Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default How to avoid this Alert screen

You have to find out where it that link is.

If it's in a cell in a worksheet, you could just break the link by copying that
cell and pasting values.

If it's in a name, you could remove the name--if it's not used for anything
else.

I'd use those two suggestions to find the link and see what the next step is.

If it turns out that the link is in a cell in a worksheet and you can lose all
the formulas, you could add:

with worksheets("rpt1").usedrange
.copy
.pastespecial paste:=xlpastevalues
end with

But if you need some formulas, then this isn't a good suggestion.

It depends on what you want and where they are.

jesmin wrote:

Hi Dave:
Thanks again. I am running my main program "myprog.xls" and its code.
It creates the report file "Totalrpt.xls". I dont need to update any
thing. As each month I will get new data and I will run my main
program. Each month I will replace the old report. This report has
links to "myprog.xls".
I will only send this "Totalrpt.xls" to my client. But each time he is
running this report file "Totalrpt.xls" he is getting the pop-up alert
screen.
Can I write some code while I am saving my main program as "Totalrpt"
so that when some one opens the "Totalrpt.xls", tehre will be no alert
screen. I want to do it in VB.

--
jesmin
jesmin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29540