Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
penciline

Default Pivot Table--How can I create from multiple sheets?

Dear Steven:
Thank you very much for your reply and advice.

I am curious now how to create a Pivot Table from multiple sheets. Whenever
I try it fails or doesn't allow me to access the Pivot Table/Pivot Chart
Report menu option. If you or anyone else has any insight on this, please
let me know.

Thanks.

--
-=- penciline -=-

"steven1001" wrote:

If you organise your data as follows:

Date source Account Value
1/2/06 Cash News 2.50
1/2/06 Debit Food 21.50
1/2/06 Charge Clothes 52.50
1/2/06 Charge News 12.50
1/2/06 Cash Food 31.50
1/2/06 Charge Clothes 102.50

Then a pivot table can easily summarise.
Example
In ROW drag labels of Date and Account
In COLUMN drag label for Source
In DATA drag label for Value

The pivot table will create itself.

Create a second pivot table from the first (Using Source = from
another Pivot Table) if you want an additional view say with Date and
Source as row headings and Account as Column headings.

regards..

--
steven1001

--