Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
marshall

Default Overwriting Duplicates in certain cases

I wonderif you can help.

In my worksheet, I have an alphabetical list of racehorses in column A. in
alphabetical order. In columns B C D ect I have race entries for certain
horses in my own "key" e.g. % could equal The Derby and all horses entered in
the Derby would have a % next to their name (Column B being the Derby etc ec)

Whenever ther are new entries declared in the paper for certain races, I
copy and paste the horses names at the bottom of the worsheet in column A and
in column C would copy paste "£" my "key" for this particular race, say, the
Oaks.

I then click on sort. All the horses get sorted including the new enties.
If there is a duplicate horse however the new entry is shown in addition to
the previous entry for that horse and I have to go thrugh the list deleting
the new entry and putting on the same row as the original entry.
How can I copy, paste and sort so that duplicates keep the original entries
and just update the latest entry.

In columns c d e etc I have a Race. eg. cc or bb whatever "key" I use for
that particular race.