Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:53:12 -0800, Gene Solomon <Gene
wrote:

Is there a way to display numbers with 3 significant figures? For instance,
display 1367 as 1370, 14621 as 14600, and .02637 as .0264.

I'm trying to find a way to take a column of data, and then display it with
3 sig figs. Will any functions or macro help me out?

Thanks.

Do you really mean "display" or do you mean "change to" a number with n
significant digits.

If you want to change the number to have only n significant digits, then the
formula:

=ROUND(A1,SigDigits-1-INT(LOG10(ABS(A1))))

will do that.

If you want to keep the original number, but adjust the formatting so only
three significant digits are displayed, I don't believe that is possible.

--ron