Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
TracyB

Default Excel Links Update

I have a problem getting my workbooks to update with the most recent
data. For example, workbook A passes data to workbook B, B then passes
data to workbook C. If data is updated in workbook A, workbook C does
not update until workbook B is opened and saved first.

In Office 97 I could open workbook C and the data would update without
opening workbook B first. After our new upgrade to Office 2003
workbook C will not update with the new data until workbook B is opened
and saved first.

Any suggestions how to get workbook C to update automatically without
opening workbook B first? In my case workbook B is actually 17
separate workbooks and it is extremely time consuming to have to open
these 17 files prior to opening workbook C.