Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Default Text Error Message

Change the format of that ##### cell back to General.

Then look for other fields that are missing labels (probably empty cells in the
header row???).

Mike wrote:

I typed some verbage into a cell that was to be a column heading. At the
same time, I also typed verbage into several other cells that were to be
column headings as well.

When I went to run a pivot table I got an error message that said I needed
columns with labels. I selected the row in which I had typed my information
and tried to format these cells as text.

The contents of two of the cells were changed to ###########.

I have not seen this before. What is happening? I need these ceels to be
text in order to run a pivot table.

--

Dave Peterson