Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Splitting a text string into string and number

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:24:27 -0800, mcambrose
wrote:

Dave, I tried using this solution in an array formula such as
=sum(right((a1:a4),1)*1)) and I still get #value. Is there something else
that willl work with array formulas or did I interpret your reply
incorrectly? In cells a1 to a4 would be the values a1, s1,s3,a8. I was hoping
to get the answer (1+1+3+8 = 13).

Thanks

If you got a #VALUE! error, it is likely that one of the cells in the range
does not have a number as the rightmost character.

--ron