Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rik

Default Combining data from cells from several excel sheets to a new s

Hi CLR,

Thanks for your reply. I am aware of that solution, but (as in my case) with
a large table and a lot of files, changing each cell manually is not
feasible. Unfortunately, Excel does not automatically change the filename
when extending your choice to other cells, as cell references do.

Thanks,

Rik

"CLR" wrote:

This formula in any cell in a new book will return the value in cell A1 of
Sheet1 of book S101.xls..............

=[S101.xls]Sheet1!A1

Copy and paste and/or adjust the filename, sheet, or cell accordingly to fit
your need..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Rik" wrote:

Hi,

I have a bunch of excel files, say S101.xls, S102.xls, ... S120.xls. I would
like to combine data from the same cell in each sheet to one table in a new
sheet. How can I do that easily?

Example of the resulting table in a new sheet in a new excel file:
cell b9 of sheet S101.xls - cell f11 sheet S101.xls - cell b25 sheet
S101.xls - etc.
cell b9 of sheet S102.xls - cell f11 sheet S102.xls - cell b25 sheet
S102.xls - etc.
cell b9 of sheet S120.xls - cell f11 sheet S120.xls - cell b25 sheet
S120.xls - etc.

Thanks a lot,

Rik