Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default Pivots with Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler

This is a known issue with pivot tables and pivot charts: blink funny, and
they lose their formatting. Even Microsoft suggests recording a macro to
reapply the formatting, which won't help with the labels unless you can hack
into Rob's add-in. Here's Microsoft's knowledge base article about the
problem:

Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (215904)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Matt" wrote in message
Hello All

I'm just starting out in Excel charts so please excuse me if this is a
dumb
question.

I'm using this download to add labels to a chart
http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm (Thanks Rob for the use and
Jon
for recommending it). My chart is generated by a pivot table and the
labels
by a "live-link the data label text to the source range text. Changes in
the
source range text are immediately reflected in the corresponding data
label.

So far so good, however, when I refresh my pivot table the data labels
dissappear! I've tried to record a macro to rebuild them but nothing comes
up.

Can someone help me set up my labels so that they won't dissapear on
refresh?

Thanks in Advance

Matt