Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BigPig

Default using list box to edit or select data

Is it possible to have a user form or a list box on a form to select data and
if the data is correct then provide a command button that says data is
correct (which in turn populates the appropriate fields), and if not allow
the user to manually correct the fields that need to be updated or entered by
allowing the user to edit the user form or list box?

Example: I have a form that draws its data from a shared access database
'import external data-new database query'. Currently I placed a list box so
that the user can select a ssn. Once selected several fields are populated
(last name, first, etc...) The problem is that sometimes the ssn might not be
there or the data in the sharable access database hasn't been updated
properly. If it isn't updated, then the user has to manuallly correct the
data in the form. Since I don't want to overwrite the formulae in those
fields, is there a way to edit one or all of the fields using list or combo
boxes and or user forms?

Please help!