Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don

Default Functions

Try a pivot table. Label the first column "actions" and the second
"results".

Create the PT using the two columns, including the labels.
Drag "actions" into the rows area and then drag "results" into the row area
also. Then drag "results" into the data area and set to "count results".

Don Pistulka

"Loay Al-Kabbani" wrote in message
Hi and good day,

I am trying to find a formula to give me a resolute of the following

I have two cells in one row one identifies an action and the other
identify
if reject or approved, I need to know how many rejects and approved for
each
action

sheet ex.

PIN Rej
New card App
NewSupp Rej
Actv Rej
Re-issue Rej
Stol rep App
PIN App
New card Rej
New card App

result need
Action Description Count App Rej
New card New card issue 3 2 1
NewSupp New Supplementary 1 1
PIN New PIN 2 1 1
Actv Activation 1 1
Re-issue Re-issue damaged card 1 1
Lost rep Replace Lost 0
Stol rep Replace stolen 1 1
Inc Lmt Limit increase 0
Dec Lmt Limit decrease 0
Fee rev Fee reversal 0
Act cross cross sell activation 0
Canc cancel card 0
Cont update Contact information update 0
Blank empty 0
Tot Total 9 5 4

i really need this formula

thanks and regards