Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bpeltzer

Default update data in workbooks through formula

Sure, the files would then be linked. Instead of =Sheet2!A1, your formula
would look like =[Book2.xls]Sheet2!A1. If you make changes in Book2, when
you open the file with this link in it, you'll get a prompt advising that
your workbook contains links and asking whether you want to update the data.
If you answer Yes, the links will be refreshed.

"umba-sr" wrote:

I need to know if it is possible to copy data that I have stored in one
workbook, to another workbook, and update it in this other one every time
values or text change in a first one, just like I do it in single workbook
between sheets in formula bar.

Thanks