Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
elloss

Default Compile error in my Application

I have created a VBA application that prevents users from being able to
open an Excel spreadsheet without first accepting the terms &
conditions, sent to about 1,300 users.

I have 2 versions, v1 appears to work fine, with v2 (which prevents
users from being able to copy or cut (or edit in any way) the data once
they open the Workbook), when some users (a small minority) open a
Workbook they get a "Compile error in hidden module: ThisWorkbook"
error.

The App. does write code to ThisWorkbook so I appreciate that the error
is in there somewhere, but I have been unable to replicate the issue
and am therefore a little stuck.

Does anyone out there know what type of error I need to look for and/or
why it is only a problem for a small minority?

Thx in advance

Si