Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rob

Default format a cell if the formula is removed

Biff:

That works beautifully!!! What are we saying with this statement anyway
=GET.CELL(48,INDIRECT("RC",FALSE))=FALSE. I don't quite get the logic?

Thanks a lot, too!!!

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Here's one way:

Create this named formula:

Goto InsertNameDefine
Name: CellHasFormula
Refers to: =GET.CELL(48,INDIRECT("RC",FALSE))=FALSE
OK

Now, select the cell you want to format, assume that's cell A1
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Formula is: =AND(CellHasFormula,A1<"")
Select the format style desired
OK out

When the cell contains a formula no formatting is applied. When the cell
contains a constant the format is applied.

Biff

"Rob" wrote in message
I want to apply a conditional format to let someone know that the formula
in
a cell has been overwritten. Is there a way to do this?