Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rob

Default format a cell if the formula is removed

Well, what I want to do is to give an individual the ability to overwrite a
formula if they want to put in a value in a particular cell. I want the cell
background to turn red or whatever if the cell formula is overwritten.

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Can you clarify? Do you want a CF under the following conditions:

Formula replaced with another formula
Formula replaced with something besides a formula?

I can think of a way if the formula has been removed.

Put this in for your conditional format

FORMULA IS
=ISNA(SEARCH("=",A1))=FALSE

"Rob" wrote in message
I want to apply a conditional format to let someone know that the formula
in
a cell has been overwritten. Is there a way to do this?