Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Date format problems ...

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:42:22 +0800, budgie wrote:

Using Win98SE, I have regional settingsto show date as day-month-year style (as
is normal here). However, Excel 97 refuses to adopt this style, and I can't see
any way to get the required format - certainly nothing in Tools-Options or
Tools-Customise addresses this.

Can anyone advise me how to get this to behave?

"refuses to adopt this style" could mean a number of different things.

In Excel-speak, format has to do with how a cell's contents is displayed.

Style includes a number of formatting options, but I doubt you'd want to format
a number as a date.

Some people use this terminology when they have problems entering data.

To format the cell to your liking, at the top of the main menu bar you should
see a selection labeled "Format".

If you click on that you should see an option labeled "Cells"

Check Number on the tabs at the top of the dialog box that opens; then select
date and see if your desired format is present.

If you mean something else by your statement, you'll need to be more specific.
--ron