Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Alex

Default How do I put multiple colors in a chart's plot area

TonyU1234

I am not entirely sure what you need but can offer the following. I am
assuming you have a simple line chart here.

Two options

(1) You can manually select data points and assign them a colour dependent
upon value. Simple to do, but laborious if lots of data points

(2) This VBA code may help. In simple terms, it loops through each data
point, tests the value of the datapoint, and assigns a colour of red < 2%:
green 2% - 4%; blue 4%+.

Sub ColorPoints()
Dim i As Long
Dim ChartData As Variant
ChartData = Sheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1).Chart.SeriesColle ction(1).Values
For i = 1 To UBound(ChartData)
With Sheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects(1).Chart.SeriesColle ction(1)
Select Case ChartData(i)
Case Is < 0.02
.Points(i).Border.ColorIndex = 3
Case Is < 0.04
.Points(i).Border.ColorIndex = 10
Case Is 0.04
.Points(i).Border.ColorIndex = 41
End Select
End With
Next i
End Sub

You may have to change some of the references to make this work e.g. the
worksheet / chartobject references etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alex
"TonyU1234" wrote:

For instance, if I have a single series chart with Y axis from 0% to 5%, how
do I put a red color from 0 to 2%, green from 2 to 4% and blue from 4 to 5%?