Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve M

Default Conditional formating with TEXT

I have three columns where entires will either be text, text with letters or
blank. If the entry is one of the following--L01, L02, L03, L04, L05, L06,
L07 or L08 I want the cell to be formatted with standard black text with a
white background. I also want this same formatting if the cell is blank. If
the cell is not blank and contains anything other than the entries I
specified above, I want the background to be black and the font to be white.
The problem I am having is getting the blanks to be formatted different from
the "other" entries (in others words, entries not specified above).