Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jimmydageek

Default IF Statement (Nested IF's??)

Ok so I am pretty good with Excel and I know about IF Statements in a
Novice fashion but this one has got me.

This is what I want to do. There are two Cell's that I am referenceing
in a seperate Cell. To add some kind of name to it I am trying to
Reference cell D40 & D56. I basically want these cells to do this
=D40-D56 if there are "Values" in both of those Cells. If there is
"n/a" (actually typed into) in either of those cells then I want a "ND"
to appear in the 3rd Cell. This is what I am stumped by.

I have this so far...maybe need more...maybe I am going the wrong
direction with this. I figured it must be a nesting of some kind but
hey....I'm lost. Please Help! TIA! Jimmy

=IF(D40="n/a","ND",IF(D56="n/a","ND",IF(

--
Jimmydageek
Jimmydageek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31692