CLR

True, but then how about.....

=COUNTIF(C:C,"P_0")-COUNTIF(C:C,"=Q_0")

it seems to fit, but then like you said, "it's getting difficult" <g

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Yeah but a value of Q in A and 0 in B also counts in this method, which
doesn't meet the OP's criteria.

Bob

"CLR" wrote in message
Maybe, but this seems to work with the OP's sample data...........
=A1&"_"&B1 in C1 and copy down..............

=COUNTIF(C:C,"P_0") in cell D1

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Difficult with greater than 0 Chuck!

--

HTH

RP

"CLR" wrote in message
Another way is to CONCATENATE the two columns into a third column

and
then
do a COUNTIF on that column, (P20).........you can also so this for

more
than two columns.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"mlkpied" wrote in message
I have a worksheet where I'm try to count the number of items with
JobCode=P
and an amount greater than 0. I think I should be able to do it

with
COUNTIF and AND logic but I keep getting errors. Anyone help me

with
this?
Thanks. Michael

JobCode Amount