Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Indiana Jay

Default DE-ACTIVATE: Excel should feature a highlighted row/column curs

Bob,

I'm not sure I can send this workbook with financial data from the company
I'm doing contract accounting work for in Boston, but isn't there a way to
De-Activate the code by reversing the steps the code does when it is
activated?

This is really what I need. And I now understand that the printing codce
belongs with the workbook, not the worksheet. I did not read it carefully
enough.

By the way, what do you do for work? You seem to know this stuff pretty well.

Thanks,

Jay

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Jay,

Comments inline.

"Indiana Jay" wrote in message

When I pasted in the original code, I saved it, exited, and the highlight
bar showed up. I did not name it, and I do not know how to turn the

feature
off. So,

1) I'm not sure where I would put the "printing code". I am assuming I
append it to the same code I pasted? And do I activate it as well?

I added a note at the end on where to put that de-activate code. I'll repeat
it here

This is workbook event code.
To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet
(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks),
select View Code from the menu, and paste the code

2) Can I just "De-Activate" the first code so that I can use the worksheet
normally without the highlighted bar when I want to? Otherwise, the

highlight
is always on once I activated it. I do not always want to see it, but I am
unsure what the event code needs to De-Activate. When I select that option

it
seems to give me some sort of template that is looking for a new

subroutine?

I like your idea of a button. Send me your workbook and I will create it for
you.