Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DB--less than excel expert

Default How can I remove an indent within a cell?

Thanks that did it.

"Kevin B" wrote:

Insert a column to the right of the cells displaying indents, in the first
cell of the newly inserted column enter the formula =Trim(CellAddress), where
cell address is the cell directly to the left of the current cell.

Copy the formula down the column as far as necessary. Copy the formula in
the inserted column, move to the top of the column to its left and do a
Paste/Special and select Values.

When finished delete the column with the trim formula in it.

--
Kevin Backmann

"DB--less than excel expert" wrote:

How can I remove an indent within a cell? For example, I have a column of
data that has several different indents some with no indent. How do I remove
all of the indents? When I look at the formula for cells with indents, I see
=' XYZ5

My data appears in the column as follows

XYZ5
XYZ4
XYZ3
XYZ2

I would like all of the data to be left justified w/o having to manually go
in and delete the ' from the cells.

Many thanks,
DB