Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kbkst via OfficeKB.com

Default Revision

Peo Sjoblom:
Thank you so much, this worked great, however, how do I run a macro on this?
I need to run it completely down my spreadsheet in columns C & D. Sorry, but
I am sort of a novice to excel.
Thank you,
kbkst

Peo Sjoblom wrote:
You can paste the lot into C2, make sure column D is empty, do datatext to
columns, select delimited, next and select space as delimiter, click finish,
that should put (216) in C2 and 444-3333 in D2
You can record a macro if you do this often and after you have pasted in the
same column just run the macro

I previously submitted a question regarding copying and pasting a phone
number. I found that we no longer need to have a 1 in front of the phone

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]

kbkst