Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Doug Kanter

Default How do I make note cards from an inventory in excel?

"Quik" <Quik @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
I am currently working on a detailed inventory, but also want to make a
hard-copy version from the list in excel in the form of individual note
cards
for each entry? Are there any shortcuts I could take through excel or any
other Office programs so that I could just click and print rather than do
everything manually?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

I can't help with the software/mail merge part of this, since it's not my
forté, but I have a suggestion for the end result. If you're talking about
something like index cards, Avery makes those in printable sheets.

Here's one:
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=...alogcode=WEB01

I've used their business card sheets and they work flawlessly, at least in
my printer. Microsoft Word already contains formatting (in Tools, Envelopes
and Labels) for many Avery products. You choose the product number, and the
formatting's done for you. If the product isn't listed, the Avery products
come with extremely easy formatting instructions so you can create a custom
(and permanent) setting for the card or label on your computer.

If someone else here can help you copy the data to Word and set up a mail
merge to labels (meaning, the cards, in this case), you're in business.