Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian

Default Cell numbering

ToolsOptionsInternationalView current sheet right-to-left

--
Ian
--
"AJM" wrote in message
A friend of mine recently queried me on a problem he had encountered
whereby, contrary his normal experience whereby cell numbers ascend from
the top left hand corner of the screen, his started to ascend from the top
right hand corner. I use the Works spreadsheet infrequently and had a look
there but could not find an answer for him. I made the presumption that the
Works spreadsheet and Excel are basically the same to some extent but may
be wrong on this point.

He later told me that he had got things back to "normal" by using the
System Restore function to revert to settings at an earlier date. I would
however, be grateful for any comments that could explain how his problem
could have arisen and how it might have been resolved on a normal
operating basis.

AJM