Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
iwgunter

Default Auto-Filter Not Working With Protection Turned On

I am using columns A-L with content. I want certain cols to be protected
as they bring inthe dynamic content.

Firstly, I selected the whole worksheet [ctrl+a], right clicked and
took the tick out of Locked, I then highlighted the whole of cols G, H,
I & K by clicking on the column letter and checked the Locked box. I
then highlighted the whole of row 1 as this is the column headers and I
have auto-filter running and unchecked the Locked box. Then I applied
the protection so the cells can't be changed.

But now the auto-filter won't work. Is this a known problem with
Excel?

I'm using Excel 2000 [9.0.2720]

Ta
Ian