Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
R..VENKATARAMAN

Default SUMPRODUCT - Help

I have problem If I use columnA in the formula it gives error--#NAME
If I use actual range for e.g. A1:A10 instead of columnA it works.
mine is XP/excel2002. What mistake am I doing?

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=sumproduct(--(columnA={"Green","Blue"}))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"ceemo" wrote in
message ...

Ive started using the sumproduct function to count multiple conditions
which is useful

howveer if i want to count those records in one column that meet a
condition and those records in another column that meet anyone of a
number of conditions how can i do that?

the only way i can think is like the below

=sumproduct(--((columnA=apple)*((ColumnB<Red)*(columnB<Yellow) )))

Rather than having to eliminate red and yellow i would like to say is
green or blue.

Please help

--
ceemo