Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JR573PUTT

Default Advanced Copy/Paste Techniques?

efang001 Wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to make my "secretarial" work a bit easier. We have
downloaded thousands of company profiles into our database. The company
name, company CEO, stock, etc, all managed to come into excel as
separate columns, thus easily workable information.

However, the address of the companies all came in one colum.

For example, these are all contained in their own cells.
*company
*micro
*stock
*msft
*money
*yes
*address
*1000 money way
suite money money
seattle, washington, $$$$$
USA
800-100-1000
800-100-1001

however, the address contains too much information

what I need to do is get all that address information into separate
columns, such as address 1, address 2 (for floor, suite, etc), city,
state zip code, phone number, fax number...

how do i go about doing this? do i need a macro that will enter the
cells? i'm not quite proficient enough in VBA to produce a macro that
will be able to target correctly what i need.

thanks

Try Data, text to columns, delimited..............delimited will
separate data in one column to several columns

--
JR573PUTT
JR573PUTT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31587